ASIA NEWS NETWORK
WE KNOW ASIA BETTER
'Poisonous seeds' made 90 ill in Kota
Publication Date : 03-04-2014
Nearly 90 people, including 63 children, were taken ill after consuming poisonous seeds mistaking them to be almonds in the district, officials said today.
The medical college principal in Kota, R K Aaseri, said 63 children and 25 women were admitted to several hospitals last night after complaining of stomach ache, vomiting and dehydration.
The victims had consumed Ratanjot (poisonous fruit) seeds mistaking them to be almonds at a wedding function.
While playing in the area, the children plucked the fruit and started eating them. They also offered them to the women attending the wedding.
They soon took ill and were rushed to government hospitals.