ASIA NEWS NETWORK
WE KNOW ASIA BETTER
MH370: Najib reiterates Malaysia's commitment in search efforts
Publication Date : 15-06-2014
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak has reiterated his country's commitment in the search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.
“On this hundredth day since #MH370 went missing, remembering those on-board & their families. M'sia remains committed to the search effort,” the Prime Minister tweeted Sunday morning.
Flight MH370 with 239 people on board disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8. It was inexplicably diverted and is believed to have crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.
An extensive search for the plane has been ongoing and has so far found nothing.
Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein had assured families of those on board MH370 that the Government would continue to do its best in the search for the plane.
"As a father, on Father's Day, I understand the anguish family members are going through.
"No words can ease the pain of not knowing what had happened to your loved ones," he said in a statement on Saturday.
Netizens also posted tweets hoping that there would be some closure on the episode.
User @susanjzach said she continued to pray for the families who were still grieving over their loved ones.
@mathamuhilan hoped the families would be strong.
@rosogolla said that the innocent lives of those snatched away needs to be remembered.
“This was not an act of God but of man,” he said.
@adimaulana25 retained hope of a miracle as no wreckage or bodies have been found yet.