ASIA NEWS NETWORK
WE KNOW ASIA BETTER
Diplomats offer special Philippine tour package
Publication Date : 14-02-2013
Philippine diplomats and tourism officials are offering a modestly priced tour package that includes an audience with President Benigno “Noynoy” III at the presidential palace.
The 8th Ambassadors, Consuls General and Tourism Directors Tour of the Philippines is set for July 9–15, 2013.
For just US$1,933 per person on double occupancy, the package features “a grand welcome and reception,” visits to onsite bazaars and mini-trade fairs, introductions to business and investment opportunities and a photo-op with President Aquino at the the Palace.
Since it was first launched in 2005, the Ambassadors, Consuls General andTourism Directors Tour to the Philippines has attracted thousands of participants from various cities in the United States.
Also included in the basic tour package are the following:
• Round-trip ticket from U.S. departure points to Manila via Philippine Airlines (departing on July 7, 2013)
• 3 nights stay at the EDSA Shangri-la hotel in Ortigas Centre, Mandaluyong City
• Daily buffet breakfast and two lunches; dinners with cultural show and entertainment
• Historic wreath-laying ceremony at Rizal Park
• Intramuros Tour (Fort Santiago, Manila Cathedral, San Agustin Church and Bahay Tsinoy)
• Pasarap (Spa treatments), Paganda (Beauty Salon) and Pasaya (Studio Tour and Audience to Variety Shows)
• Out of Town Day Tour to Tagaytay with lunch and fun activities
For those who want to experience more of the sights and other adventures in the Philippines, optional extension tours are also available after the basic tour from July 12 to 15 to any of the following destinations: Laoag-Vigan, CDO-Camiguin, Southern Luzon Golf Tour, Davao, Cebu-Bohol, Iloilo-Bacolod, Kalibo-Boracay, Puerto Princesa, and Camsur-Legazpi.
The tour is a joint project of all Philippine Foreign Service Posts in the US, namely: Agana, Chicago, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York, Saipan, San Francisco, and Washington D.C., in cooperation with the Philippine Department of Tourism and the Philippine Department of Trade and Industry.
It was specifically organised to give those who have not been to the country for sometime to revisit the homeland and experience the beauty of the country’s top tourist destinations.
Tourist arrivals to the country reached 4,272,811 in 2012, according to statistics from the Tourism Research and Statistics Division of the Philippine Department of Tourism.
For more information contact: Philippine Consulates General: Agana, Chicago, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York, Saipan, San Francisco, and Washington DC (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Those interested in joining the Tour are advised to book early to guarantee a seat.